Sunday, January 6, 2008
Sleeping in Her Own Bed
Ashlyn used to be a great sleeper. She starting sleeping through the night, in her own bed, around 2 months old. She continued until about 8 months, when we went to Maui. I made the mistake of bringing her into our bed because she was waking up every 2 hours. Since then we have had a battle with Ashlyn sleeping in her own bed. She just didn't want to and we would usually give in and when she woke up around 2 am I would just bring her into our bed for the rest of the night. Well needless to say she's a restless sleeper and would kick and hit Jason throughout the night. So on January 1st, Jason decided we were going to let Ashlyn start crying it out in the middle of the night. I wasn't too happy about this new plan but I was working December 31st and January 1st & 2nd and wasn't going to be home. But to our surprise, Ashlyn decided it too was time to start sleeping in her bed all night long and for the last week she has been sleeping through the night without waking up. She's sleeping so well she didn't wake up until 8:30 am this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh, what a releif for you guys. I'm Jeolous!!!! i love the family pic!
Good for Ashlyn. Hey, what about lunch sometime this week or next? When are you working? We'll come see you guys this time.
I guess I haven't checked out the new look of the blog in a long time. You've been busy! I love it! Regarding her sleeping in her own bed, yes, it's amazing what can happen when you let them cry it out a little bit...listen to me! HA, HA! (That's not my job anymore, I'm here to make sure she doesn't cry!!)
Love, Mom/Nona
Post a Comment